Thursday, March 1, 2012

Davy Jones dead on 2/29/2012

Davy Jones died on 2/29 at the age of 66. Wow. I was a little shocked because Peter Tork has been battling cancer and I never thought that one of the guys would go before Peter!
So, it is strange to think they were so much a part of my life as a teenager but as I grew up and had my own family etc. they became just a part of my memory like Chatty Cathy, my trolls and the Monkees. I feel bad, don't get me wrong, he left family and friends.....my prayers go out to them. But I think I am going to be okay even if all four of the Monkees were to pass away today. I find that as they grew up (they were only in their 20's) and their lives evolved and I became more involved I found myself totally non interested. Michael became a horrific liberal, Peter always was..... only Micky and Davy seemed to go on with their lives and become more than just pompous asses. I don't know where Davy's heart was in regards to Jesus Christ, so I can't even say "See you on the other side." And honestly, I am not going to loose any sleep over it. Thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment