Friday, May 28, 2010

I KEPT TO MY WORD.......

Well, I really was disappointed that this was the only wool I could find - I really thought I had more colors than this.

But it is what it is and I started the first sock last night. It was blistering hot so that is about all I felt like working on. I can tell already that this sock is going to go fast because it is so thick and the large needle size (size 10). Boy, they are going to be so nice and warm!

So, I am excited to be doing something new, and if this pair work up nice I am thinking that I will make a pair for my Mom who LOVES big warm socks when she is sitting in her nightie and rob watching tv at night. I will have to buy different wool because she loves blue and I need to extra soft yarn - her feet are very sensitive. I don't mind the woolease - it is pretty soft.
The day is crawling by slow here at work - I have my knitting with me and I am so tempted to get it out and work on it. But I don't think my boss would approve since there is always work to do if you just look for it. I guess it would be in my best interest to start looking for things to do so that the day will go by faster.
We are still thinking of letterboxing in Watertown and along the lake shore this weekend. Don't which day, but whatever day, I am looking forward to it.
Remember our heros past and present whose service to this country is greatly appreciated by me - and my family. Especially, THANKS DAD! YOU ARE MY HERO!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty color. Those are going to be lovely socks!


    I'm blog hopping today and thought I'd say hello.

    ReplyDelete