Thursday, May 27, 2010

I MUST BE CRAZY TO WORK WITH WOOL......

I am in the middle of knitting projects waiting for my order to come with the needles that I need to finish another felted purse I am making. So I innocently went on a sock pattern spree and found these lovely heavy socks on the Lion Brand web site for free. (I LOVE free!) I have tons of woolese at home and so I think tonight I will start a pair of these socks.

So, why am I saying that I ams crazy to work in wool? Because we are in the middle of a "spring" heatwave - 90 degrees yesterday folks - and I must be crazy to want to work with wool....... the GOOD thing about socks though is that they are small and you don't have piles of wool laying on your lap while you sweat in the heat. When I get home I can hardly wait to dig around in my stash for my woolese and cast on! I have a terrible habit of racing thru the first sock and stalling on the second. I have been giving some SERIOUS thought to trying to knit two socks at a time to solve the problem. I think I am going to really research and buy the needles to do that. Oh I am soooo bad!

Better just stay focused on this new pair and take one pair of socks at a time!!! lol

The long weekend is coming and am looking forward to working around the house on chores, letterboxing up north and knitting. I'll try to keep more updated on my blog..... pretty soon I might have my own laptop and will be able to do more at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment