Saturday, September 4, 2010

STATE FAIR WINNERS!







It has been AGES since I last spent some time here on my blog page. The best intentions always get put on the shelf when crisis happens. Let me share my good news and then I will share about the crisis that happened within my family.
These pictures are of the things I entered in the NY State Fair this year and the ribbons I won for them! I am really amazed, honestly, that I won ribbons because I see some of the other things that were entered and they are sooooo much better than my things. But I am tickled pink to be coming home with these ribbons. The pictures don't show much, just how they were displayed at the fair.
As always, I wish I could spend more time knitting (and now I want to learn to spin) but things just are so unsettled - when did we let life get so hectic? Full time job, aging parents, adult children with issues and problems that seem to suck me into their drama - apron strings that just are wrapped so tightly around my heart I can't seem to cut them loose. Life is too complicated. Life is too hectic. Life is too demanding. BUT - JESUS is my peace. Jesus is my rest. Jesus is my strength. I can't help people (or my family) if I sit in a cocoon and just knit. (Which is really what I want to do!) I have to extend the peace, rest and strength that Jesus gives to me to others who are also stressed and hurting.
I have always believed that if you make time for Jesus in your 24 hour day then HE will make time for you to do what you possibly wanted to do "for fun" - within the relm of good and Godly that is!
So, that is my blog entry about the fair and my ribbons. I thank Jesus for the gift of knitting and give Him all the praise and glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment