Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tired of it already..................


Some people love winter (skiiers, snowboarders, etc.) and love to see the snow fly. Some love snow just around Christmas because it makes the season so "romantic" and "festive". Bah. Bah-humbug.
I loved winter when I was little...... not a care in the world. I didn't shovel --- my Daddy did it all. I just got in my little old snowsuit and off to school I WALKED. Didn't worry about my Dad who drove dangerous country roads in pieces of junk milk trucks/bread trucks. I didn't pay attention to how upset and worried my Mom was until he came home safe and sound...... no cell phones back then.
Then I moved out of the house, moved to the city and lived on my own.........and suddenly the snow wasn't a "cute" as before. But, I still was young, had no fear and drove as such.
Then I became a wife (now I had a husband to worry about coming home late on bad country roads.....) and a mother....... and suddenly ...... snow and the cold winter months became hell on earth to me. Lack of sun light, always cold in the old drafty farm house, shoveling, hauling wood, furnace always breaking down, shoveling, cold fingers and feet while trying to clean off cars and shoveling. Then always my favorite..... shoveling. lol
Now the hatred has peaked with me being older and easily exhausted after ....... you guessed it.....shoveling and hauling wood. Now my darling toddlers are full grown women, working and driving in this "winter wonderland" - --- Making the process of trying to tolerate the white stuff almost unbearable.
Some people have told me that I have to love the snow because God created it....and He would not create anything bad. I agree 100% that He created it, and that He would not create anything bad...... but the Bible does not say I have to love snow. It says that I have to give thanks in all things................. And to that I say "Thank you Jesus for the snow that waters the earth." (By the way Jesus, I hate the stuff!!!! )
So, there my winter vent for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment