Thursday, June 10, 2010

PROGRESS OF SOCK............

So, here is the progress of my sock. My problem is this: the pattern offered two sizes and I did the bigger size because I have a size 9 1/2 to 10 foot and the smaller size made it sound like it would fit up to 8 1/2. Now this thing looks like it could fit the Jolly Green Giant's foot!!!! My daughter took one look at it and said "You are going to felt this sock right?". Hmmmmmm, no I wasn't. So I am struggling with this whole thing - whether to pull it out and do the smaller size or just to keep plugging along and finish it.

These were never intended to be socks that I would wear in shoes/boots. They were what I called slipper socks. So, maybe I will just keep going and wear them no matter how big they are. They don't look big in the picture, but trust me, they are huge!

I am use to doing my socks on 2 circular needles so that I can easily try my socks on as I go along, but I did not have circular needles in this large size so I am doing them on my dpn. I tried trying the sock on and it just got too hard and the stitches started slipping off my needles. I gave up!

Well, sitting here talking to myself on my blog has led me to push myself to finish this project regardless of the size. I HATE unfinished projects - I have way to many already!

Knitting is knitting........ it is what relaxes my mind and soul....... regardless of what I am knitting. I sure hope that when I get to heaven, Jesus will have all my favorite needles and wool waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment