Monday, February 20, 2012

The sun is out and I have a day off!

So, having now decided that yes indeed, I HAVE been bit by the knitting bug again, I rallied on and finished my felted pin cushion! I love it! I will now be searching for the perfect colors and button to make one for a fair entry. Yesterday Scott and I invited Abby and Richard up for dinner to celebrate Richard's birthday which was on Saturday. We had a wonderful time, as always, and look forward to the summer months when we can entertain out on the deck under the summer stars. It was warm and cozy by the woodstove tho......almost too cozy. Started to get sleepy around 10:30pm and had to send the young folks on their way. Knit a little and then I headed to bed myself. Today I have the day off and having done all my housework and cooking/baking etc over the weekend, I am actually just going to do some things that I have been wanting to do without guilty feelings! Scott is busy finishing up his studying and tests for his other inspection job and Jessica is at work for the morning. I have done the basic clean the kitchen after breakfast choirs, did three loads of laundry and I am now on my second cup of coffee and thinking about going upstairs and rummaging thru my atterns to see what my next project is going to be. I want to go to Joanne's this afternoon and am tempted, but I don't know. So today is about enjoying myself and meditating on the good things of the Lord. The weather is just beautiful outside (all be it a little cold). The sunshine soothes my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment