Wednesday, November 3, 2010

CURRENT HAT IN PROGRESS


So this is the current hat I am making and this is a swatch of the Paton classic wool that I am doing it in. It will be felted after it is knit up - so it should be very interesting to see how the fibers will melt and blend together.
The pattern was a little bit of a brain teaser for me, so I went to Ravelry and had some of those nice ladies help me figure out the earflaps. If I pull this hat off and it looks nicely done I might enter it in the fair next year. I am taking the attitude that everything I knit from now until August 2011 is a potential state fair entry.
I have to show you the other hat I am working on too. It's a traditional old stocking cap
- like the kind of hat gentlemen wore to bed to keep their heads warm. The color is wild too - I'll post it on another entry.
I am on a hat "kick" right now, but I am sure I will move on to something else.
Keep knitting and trying not to think about the long dark winter days ahead............

No comments:

Post a Comment