Wednesday, November 10, 2010

MY CURRENT CHRISTMAS PROJECTS .....shhhhhh




Finished a snood hat and pencil scarf for one co-worker and now I am working on a lace scarf for another co-worker. In case they find my blog, I will keep names out of this entry!!!!


I have never used lace yarn before, but I fell in love with Paton's lace!!! The color I am using is the one with shades of purple and green. I started it last night and go very frustrated, not with the yarn but with the needles I was using. I used my clover bamboo needles, my fave stand bys ------ but the lace pattern calls for lots of yarn overs and k2tog and it was near impossible to accomplish that with the fat pointed wooden needles I was using. So I pulled out the couple rows I had started and got out my Knitpick's needles (they have super fine points) and will start it over again this afternoon after work. I don't know that I will ever be a big fan of lace work, but thought this was a good thing to try it out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment